Protecting Delaware Clients Suffering from Car Accident Injuries
Experienced personal injury attorneys fighting for the rights of the injured in Wilmington, Seaford, and Newark, DE
Being involved in a car accident can have traumatic physical, emotional, and financial effects on an individual and their family. Right before your eyes your life changes in an instant and the injuries can be devastating, and the effects can be long lasting. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in 2013 there were 2.31 million people injured in motor vehicle crashes.
When you suffer an injury in a car crash, you want a skilled Delaware personal injury lawyer on your side. Silverman, McDonald & Friedman has been a trusted source of protection and information in Delaware for years. Our attorneys are gifted at analyzing auto accident cases and developing a strong legal case with the end goals of seeking justice and obtaining the compensation you need to keep your family safe, no matter how serious of an injury you sustained. With more than 100 years of combined experience and three Delaware offices in Seaford, Wilmington, and Newark, we are always near when you need us most.
Common auto accident Injuries
Every auto accident is different, which means every victim’s circumstances are also different. At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman, we’ve helped people with every kind of injury, from temporary to permanent, from minor to life-threatening. No matter how complex your case is, we offer comprehensive support for Delaware victims with:
- Spinal cord injury. The crushing impact of a car crash can do significant damage to the spine leaving you with permanent and life-altering injuries, pain, and disability.
- Traumatic brain injury. When your brain collides with the inside of the skull due to the forces at work in an auto accident, you can end up with a TBI, which can cause a devastating closed head injury that will have lasting effects on your life. A penetrating injury will also cause a TBI.
- Neck injuries. Even in a lower speed crash if your neck snaps forward and then back quickly you can end up with terrible pain, stiffness, and headaches. Commonly referred to as “whiplash,” this type of injury can cause permanent damage.
- Broken or fractured bones. Multiple broken bones can take months to mend and keep you from being able to work and take care of your family.
- Knee injury. The knee can be injured in a car crash from direct impact with the dashboard, the steering column or crushed in a side impact crash.
- Broken teeth and jaw injury. A mandibular fracture can occur in a car crash when there has been excessive force on the jaw, and surgery is often required to correct it.
- When there is a crash that erupts in flames, burns can create both physical and emotional trauma for the victim.
- In serious car crashes fatalities can often occur. When someone has died in a car crash that was caused by another’s negligence, the surviving family members may be able to bring a wrongful death action against the responsible party.
Some of these injuries – even the ones that seem minor at first glance – could develop into long-term medical conditions that negatively impact your life. For instance, chronic and crippling headaches often follow an auto accident and could require additional medical care and thus added medical expenses.
At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman our Delaware auto accident attorneys are fully aware of residual and deferred pain resulting from an auto accident. We fight to protect your family and your future by seeking compensation to cover not only your pain and suffering, but also your economic losses.
You deserve compensation for your auto accident injuries. We can help.
The Delaware auto accident attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman take pride in representing you with customized legal service specifically geared toward your particular case. Additionally, we work on a contingency basis so you will not be responsible for our legal fees until you receive your compensation. To schedule your initial free consultation with an experienced car crash lawyer, call us at 302-888-2900 or simply fill out our contact form. We promise that we’ll return your call.