Workplace Injuries that Could Earn You a Compensation Award
Experienced Delaware workers’ comp attorneys with offices in Wilmington, Newark, and Seaford
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were slightly more than 3 million workplace injuries and illnesses reported by employers in 2013. Clearly, some workplaces can present serious hazards. Workplace injuries can range from repetitive motion injuries and falls to motor vehicle accidents and incidents of workplace violence.
The Delaware worker’s comp attorneys of Silverman, McDonald & Friedman provide personal attention and thoughtful legal guidance to injured clients. Our legal team has more than 100 years of collective experience that we put to good use, helping our clients get the money they need to protect themselves and their families after someone else’s negligence led to their harm. When you sustain a workplace injury, it is good to know that you have a dependable attorney by your side. And with offices in Wilmington, Seaford, and Newark, we really are right by your side whenever you need us.
Navigate this page:
Examples of common workplace injuries in Delaware
Although some workplaces, such as construction sites and chemical plants, are inherently more hazardous than others, all workplaces can pose a potential risk of an on-the-job accident. Some common workplace accidents include:
- Falls. Whether from an elevated height or at ground level, falls can cause serious personal injury at a variety of worksites. This includes elevated falls from cranes, ladders, and scaffolding.
- Falling or Moving Objects. This is a common construction injury. However, any heavy object can pose a workplace hazard, even in an office setting.
- Overexertion. Working too hard can be hazardous to your health. More specifically, ignoring OSHA regulations regarding the safe limits for employees lifting heavy objects can cause serious workplace injuries over time.
- Auto accidents. An errand or a trip to a client’s office may result in an accident. Our experienced Wilmington attorneys can help you understand your rights in work-related auto accidents.
- Equipment – or tool-related. A careless operator of heavy or hazardous machinery can cause serious injury to himself/herself or to fellow workers on site.
Pursuing damages for your injury in Newark, Seaford and Wilmington, Delaware
When you sustain a workplace injury, the workers’ compensation system is the first place to go to file a claim for your lost wages and medical expenses. However, your lawyer can advise you on how it might be possible to recover damages from a liable third party (i.e., not your employer) whose negligence or failure to comply with work safety regulations is at fault for your injuries. For example, if there is a crane collapse on your worksite and you get injured, you may be able to take legal action against the crane manufacturer.
Our Delaware law firm can help you apply for workers’ compensation. Our lawyers can also do the research and comprehensive legal analysis necessary to determine any third party liability. The attorneys at Silverman, McDonald and Friedman pursue every legal avenue available to secure your stable future after a devastating work injury.
Contact our attorneys to handle your Delaware workplace injury case
Whatever the cause of your workplace injury, you will find competent service combined with the extensive legal background of our attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman. You may complete our contact form or call us at 302-888-2900 to schedule a free consultation. We provide workers’ compensation support and guidance throughout Delaware from our offices in Newark, Wilmington, and Seaford.