Delaware Construction Accident Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights
Compassionate lawyers helping clients from offices in Wilmington, Seaford and Newark, DE
We rely on construction workers every single day – and yet thousands of them are injured or die every single year while performing some of the most dangerous work there is. Sometimes these losses are tragic accidents, but sometimes they occur because of the negligence of employers, supervisors, and other workers.
Silverman, McDonald & Friedman has a combined 100 years of experience helping Delaware construction workers get compensation for their injuries. We know what you face just by going to work, and we know how serious it can be when you suffer a catastrophic injury. From our offices in Newark, Seaford and Wilmington, DE, we make sure that injured workers get the help they need to protect themselves and their families.
Common types of construction accidents
Construction is one of the most dangerous occupations in the country. Construction accidents can happen at any time to a worker, his or her fellow construction workers or even a bystander on the street. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) actually designated a “fatal four” accidents most common in the construction industry:
- Getting caught between objects
- Getting struck by an object
These workplace accidents are called the fatal four because they account for about 57% of all construction site accidents in the United States. In fact, if the fatal four accidents were eliminated it would save the lives of 235 American construction workers every year. In the decade between 2002 and 2012, 19.5 percent of all workplace deaths were in the construction industry according to OSHA and Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.
The Fatal Four may receive the most attention, but any type of accident on a construction site could be potentially life-altering. We handle worker’s compensation claims and third-party personal injury lawsuits for clients who have been hurt because of:
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents
- Injuries caused by falling equipment or debris
- Crane collapses
- Forklift injuries
- Injuries related to construction tools or heavy machinery
Delaware construction companies are responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and can be held accountable when a company’s negligence allows an onsite injury to happen. OSHA standards require construction site operators to adequately follow accident prevention procedures and to communicate safety information about workplace hazards.
Untangling the web of liability is our job. At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman we investigate the accident, identify those responsible for your injuries and we make sure that they are held accountable. If you have suffered an injury on a construction site there are several avenues that we could potentially pursue in order to recover compensation, including:
- Workers’ compensation. The workers’ compensation system provides a no-fault, temporary disability program that compensates injured workers and pays their injury-related medical expenses when they are injured in the workplace.
- Third party liability.If the injury was caused by the negligence of a third party, you might be able to take legal action against the person responsible for your injury.
- Product liability. If a defective product such as a malfunctioning jack hammer or a defective fork-lift caused your injury you could take legal action against the product manufacturer.
- Wrongful death. When a construction worker is killed in a workplace accident, their spouse or immediate relatives may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation for their loss.
Those liable for your construction accident are likely to have an exceptional law firm on their side. Working with the law firm of Silverman, McDonald and Friedman ensures that you do, too. Our Delaware personal injury lawyers help you get compensation toward the costs of your recovery and for the personal suffering caused by your injuries.
Let our Delaware construction accident attorneys secure your future beyond your injury
If you have been injured in a construction accident, you may be worried about your future quality of life. The legal professionals at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman can help get you the compensation you need to see you through a temporary or long-term impact on your earning capacity. We offer free initial consultations, and house calls may be available at your home or hospital. You may fill out our contact form or call us today at 302-888-2900 to discuss your legal options. From our offices in Newark, Seaford, and Wilmington we serve the three Delaware counties and the Delaware Beaches.