Newark, Delaware Car Accident Lawyers Protecting Your Best Interests
Experienced Delaware personal injury attorneys on your side
In Delaware, there are approximately 700,000 licensed drivers, with 900,000 registered vehicles, and over 10 billion miles driven each year. There were also more than 26,000 car accidents, resulting in 120 fatalities and 8,500 people injured.
When you’re in an auto accident, your life could be altered forever. But if that accident wasn’t your fault, a skilled attorney can help you fight for the compensation you deserve—compensation that allows you to pay your medical bills and covers any lost past and future wages. You should not have to suffer financially because of someone else’s negligence. Our car accident attorneys stand by your side and get to work to ensure you receive the maximum settlement allowed.
At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman in Delaware, we have decades of experience with car accident claims and know how to build the strongest possible case. Our Newark injury lawyers advise you as to your best strategies and chances for receiving damages, whether that be negotiating a settlement or taking the matter to court. We focus on your case, so you can focus on healing.
Navigate this page:
Types of car accidents
Different types of accidents lead to different types of injuries. Our experts understand that your Newark car accident needs a thorough investigation. We have experience handling:
- Head-on collisions
- Broadside collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Multi-car collisions
- Accidents with commercial trucks
- Accidents with motorcycles
- Accidents with pedestrians or cyclists
- Accidents with stationary objects
- Accidents in construction zones
- Injuries caused by distracted drivers
- Injuries caused by drunk drivers
- Injuries caused by defective auto parts
Accidents such as these often result in property damage. But most importantly, they frequently result in personal injury to an innocent driver or passenger from a collision. Our Newark, DE attorneys protect your rights as an injury victim and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Potential losses in a car accident
A victim of a car accident can incur several different types of losses, all of which are compensable in the event of a claim:
- Medical expenses. Health care is becoming more and more expensive, and injuries from an accident are no exception. Even a minor injury can require a trip to the emergency room, medication, tests, or follow-up care. More serious injuries may need hospitalization, surgery, or even lifetime care. A skilled attorney will consider all past, current, and future expenses and seek the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Lost wages. Even moderate injuries can keep you out of work for some time. Serious injuries can prevent you from ever returning to work again. A loss of even a day’s worth of wages can hurt your finances, especially coupled with piles of medical bills. Whether you’re missing work because of medical treatments or because you’re permanently disabled, you need compensation for that lost income and future earning ability.
- Property damage. Car repairs after a collision can cost a lot of money. When an accident isn’t your fault, you deserve compensation—not just for the cost of repairs, but also for the diminished value of your vehicle.
How our Newark, Delaware car accident firm can help
Every auto accident case is different—the circumstances, the facts, the applicable law. Every case should be pursued in accordance to those unique merits, and that’s why it’s so important you have a reputable auto accident attorney on your side. We know how to prove cause and negligence, and the earlier you get a lawyer involved the better, as we can begin investigating and moving forward immediately.
When investigating a car accident, we often find that police reports are sparse on details. In these instances, we begin a more in-depth investigation as soon as possible. We speak to witnesses, take photographs, and do independent research to build your case. As the attorney for you, both the plaintiff and the injured party, the burden is on us to prove the other party’s negligence caused you harm. It’s our priority and your advantage to collect as much information about your car accident as we can.
If you’re hurt in an auto accident
When involved in a car crash, you may be struggling with a pile of medical bills, car repair bills, and lost wages from your injuries or being unable to use your car. Perhaps you’re wondering what kind of legal recourse you have. One thing you should remember is that what we call “accidents” many times aren’t really accidents at all.
Your car wreck was likely caused by the carelessness, negligence, or recklessness of another. This could include road rage, driving while under the influence, texting and driving, distracted driving, speeding, or other major traffic violations. Our Newark accident lawyers have extensive experience litigating these types of cases with positive results. We know what to look for—whether it’s defective engine parts, seat belts, tires, air bags, brakes, or steering, or improperly maintained vehicles.
Reckless drivers or defective automobiles contribute to thousands of deaths nationwide every year. When victims act, they are not only advocating for themselves, but for past and future victims.
Contact a Newark, Delaware car accident lawyer today
At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman, our auto accident attorneys provide strong and honest representation for those injured by someone else’s negligence. The trauma and pain of a car wreck can be overwhelming—let us take some of the burden and help you seek compensation for your injuries. Our legal team is standing by to talk to you about your claim. Please call 302-888-2900 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation in our Newark office. We also maintain offices in Wilmington and Seaford.