Experienced Seaford Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Protect Your Rights
Giving a voice to injured riders in Delaware
Riding the open road on your motorcycle on a beautiful day is a free and wonderful experience. Unfortunately, that experience can soon turn sour when other vehicles on the highway refuse to share the road with you and your bike. Of course, accidents happen, and they happen for all sorts of reasons, but in the case of motorcycle crashes, passenger vehicles play a large role. And because of the limited protection a motorcycle provides, injuries to the rider can be severe—while the driver of the vehicle who caused the accident walks away unharmed.
Because of this lack of protection, even collisions at slower speeds can still cause serious injuries. The Seaford injury attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman can help if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident. We seek compensation for your medical bills and other damages on your behalf. After an accident that wasn’t your fault, you need honest legal advice as soon as possible. Our lawyers are experienced in working with insurance companies and getting our clients the compensation they’re owed for their pain and suffering.
Types of motorcycle accidents
Our attorneys have a combined 100 years of experience representing accident victims in all kinds of vehicle crashes and collisions. We handle any type of motorcycle crash you may have been involved in, including:
- Blind spot accidents. Because of their small size, motorcycles riding in a lane beside another vehicle may end up in their blind spot. Drivers who neglect to check their blind spots before changing lanes can collide with a motorcycle.
- Failure to yield accidents. Drivers in a rush or not paying attention may disregard a yield sign or fail to yield to a motorcyclist who has the right of way.
- Intersection crashes. Common intersection accidents involve passenger vehicles making left turns into intersections, failing to yield to an oncoming motorcyclist driving straight through the intersection.
- Distracted driver accidents. A distracted driver is a hazard on the road. Failure to pay attention to changing traffic conditions, using a cell phone, or missing traffic signals can cause tragic accidents.
- Failure to see a motorcycle approaching. Many motorists are scanning the road ahead for larger vehicles and may completely overlook oncoming motorcyclists, as they are smaller and more narrow than other vehicles. This kind of inattention can cause a collision.
- Drunk driving accidents. Driving while under the influence negatively affects a driver’s judgement, reflexes, and reaction time. They put everyone on the road at risk.
One of our Seaford motorcycle accident lawyers will investigate your accident, collecting police and medical reports, taking photos of the scene, speaking to witnesses, and bringing in our own experts to determine who was negligent and caused you harm.
Common motorcycle accident injuries
A motorcycle gives you that sensation of freedom because you’re not in an enclosed space in your vehicle. Unfortunately, that’s also the danger of riding a bike. Because of that lack of safety, motorcycle accidents can be much more catastrophic than car accidents. Common injuries from motorcycle accidents include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Road rash and abrasions
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
A motorcycle can’t compete with a car or truck in an accident. And a motorcycle accident victim can suffer serious and sometimes deadly injuries in a wreck with one of these passenger vehicles.
How our Seaford motorcycle accident attorneys can help
A skilled and experienced lawyer can help you through the overwhelming challenges after being injured in a motorcycle accident. We work tirelessly for you, seeking the maximum amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses, including:
- Medical bills, current and future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering, including chronic pain and scarring
- Lost wages past, present, and future
- Loss of quality of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Automobiles and other passenger vehicles must share the road with motorcyclists, yet drivers often fail to respect the rules of the road with bikers. This lack of care can have tragic consequences for motorcyclists. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be wondering if you have any recourse.
The attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman know how to help people like you when another personal’s negligence has caused you harm. We’ll seek compensation for your injuries and hold the guilty parties responsible. You should not have to financially suffer due to someone else’s carelessness.
Consult with a skilled motorcycle accident attorney for help
At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman, we protect the rights of those injured in motorcycle accidents. We understand many people tend to put the blame for crashes on the motorcyclist, and we stand up for victims and fight to prove they were not at fault. We hold negligent parties accountable and seek maximum compensation for your injuries. Call us at 302-888-2900 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation in our Seaford office. We also maintain offices in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware.