Experienced Seaford Personal Injury Lawyers
Handling injury claims for those hurt in Delaware accidents
If you’ve suffered injury in an accident, you already know how difficult the recovery process can be. Some injuries can affect you or leave you disabled for the rest of your life. If your accident was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person, an experienced Seaford personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman, our injury attorneys have decades of legal experience. We bring an honest and straightforward approach to personal injury claims. Because we understand the great effect a serious injury can have on your life and work, we know time is of the essence. We gather information, details, and medical records to assess your case and discuss all potential outcomes, so you can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
Leveling the playing field
Serious personal injury cases typically put regular people up against powerful insurance companies who have endless amounts of money and resources at their disposal. It’s nearly impossible to fight them alone. The goal of the personal injury attorneys at our Seaford firm is to put you on equal footing.
First, we bring in experts to examine and document the scene of your accident as soon as possible. These experts can include accident reconstruction specialists, engineers, or anyone else whose expertise can bring insight into what may have caused the accident and your injury. We collect and preserve all the evidence we can by interviewing witnesses, taking photographs, working with law enforcement, and completely investigating every circumstance surrounding your accident.
And we work on a contingency basis, which means our legal fees come out of your settlement or jury award. Even though expert witnesses and thorough investigations can be expensive, you won’t have to pay for them up front. You pay nothing unless we win compensation for you.
Help with the burden of long-term injuries
Serious accidents can cause serious, or even catastrophic, injuries. If your accident and injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. You may seek the services of a personal injury lawyer for the following:
- Auto accident claims. Our firm has an excellent reputation in Seaford for working with auto accident victims. We can assist you in cases with car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, or if you were a passenger in a taxi, bus, or Uber vehicle.
- Brain and spinal injuries. These types of injuries can have a permanent effect on your ability to work, as well as your quality of life. We work to hold the guilty parties responsible to ensure your medical treatment and other damages are taken care of.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Injuries to the head and brain can leave you with lifelong disabilities and conditions. Our attorneys help make sure you receive compensation for loss of wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
- Construction accidents. Construction is one of the most dangerous occupations. Common injuries include falls, crane collapses, and machinery accidents. We investigate these accidents to find out the responsible parties—whether it’s the construction company, faulty machinery, or improper safety precautions—and help you recover compensation.
- Premises liability claims. If you slipped and fell on a wet floor, or were attacked due to insufficient security, we hold property owners responsible for keeping their premises safe for the public, without the risk of injury or harm.
- Product liability claims. When a product doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to and causes you injury, or if you take a defective medication or use a defective medical device, you may have a case against the manufacturer.
- Wrongful death. The loss of a loved one because of the reckless or negligent actions of another is nearly unfathomable. We will seek compensation on your family’s behalf, and help you ensure it never happens again.
These claims and injuries, with the exception of wrongful death, typically cause long-term or permanent medical issues. Patients may need lifelong rehabilitative therapy and life care, causing financial and emotional hardship on both the patient and their family or caregiver.
Advocating for the people of Seaford in serious injury claims
Even when a case seems open and shut, insurance companies or big corporations will make every effort to avoid paying out for your claim—or attempt to settle quickly for the least amount of money possible. Our lawyers tenaciously pursue the best settlement that’s fair to you and fits your present and future needs. If the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate in good faith, we will go to court to fight for your rights.
We work aggressively for your claim because it’s typically the one chance you have to recover compensation for your injuries. This includes long-term health care and medical needs, as well as your lost earning potential, and current and future pain and suffering.
Our attorneys stand with you from the beginning of your case all the way through to the end. You’ll never be alone. We consider all options and strategies, including whether or not to go to trial, but we will never decide without your input. Our legal team has decades of experience both in and out of the courtroom, keeping up on the latest issues and changes in personal injury law, and consulting with other leading experts in the field. We never put less than 100% into all of our cases in pursuit of justice for our clients.
Talk to a reliable personal injury lawyer today
At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman, our Seaford personal injury attorneys provide experienced, honest representation for people hurt in accidents. When you suffer injury because of another’s negligence or recklessness, you may be eligible for compensation for your losses. We want to help you move on from a tragedy, while holding the guilty parties responsible and helping recoup your medical bills and ease your physical and emotional damages. Contact one of our lawyers today to discuss your case. Please call 302-888-2900 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation in our Seaford office. We also maintain offices in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware.