Quality, Professional Legal Services in Seaford
We fight for the rights of injury victims and workers of Delaware
When you need to choose an attorney, it’s usually during a difficult time in your life. We don’t want that decision to be any harder than it should be. The Seaford attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman in Seaford have decades of experience helping victims of accidents get the legal representation they need and the peace of mind they deserve.
Whether it’s personal injury or workers’ compensation, our goal is to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients. You shouldn’t have to deal with the aftermath of an accident alone. Our injury lawyers are here to help you when you’re hurt.
Comprehensive personal injury services
When you’re injured in an accident—an accident caused by someone else’s negligence—that person or entity should be held responsible. A serious injury can change your life. You may experience chronic pain, disability, loss of wages, or emotional trauma. Our attorneys serve the people of Seaford with compassion and skill. We negotiate on your behalf to get the compensation you’re owed so you can become whole again. Our lawyers represent personal injury clients in matters like:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Wrongful death
You can count on the attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman to advocate for your rights and put our legal know-how to work for you. You shouldn’t have to waste time focusing on the small details of your case when you’re trying to recover from your injuries.
Assistance for injured workers in Delaware
If you’re hurt on the job, you’re entitled to certain benefits. Delaware workers’ compensation laws are designed to protect you when you’re involved in an accident at work—both medically and financially. Although it should be a straightforward process, many employers may make it difficult for you to file for the full compensation you deserve.
Ensure you have someone on your side to protect your rights when you’re injured on the job. The workers’ compensation lawyers at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman understand how the process works, and will step in to fight for you when you’re denied the benefits you deserve. Our legal team can help you with:
- Filling out the initial application
- Representing you at hearings
- Representing you in Delaware Superior Court if necessary
- Working with your doctors to obtain all up-to-date paperwork and medical history
With workers’ compensation claims, you must act in a timely manner, as missing deadlines can hurt your case. Our attorneys will ensure your paperwork is accurate and filed promptly.
Common questions and answers for our Seaford attorneys
If you need an attorney, you may have some basic questions. We have some answers, and we invite you to contact us if you’d like to discuss your situation further.
- How much is my case worth? Unfortunately, there is no exact formula to calculate what your unique case might be worth. Our attorneys consider everyone’s claim on a case-by-case basis. The amount of compensation you could potentially receive depends on a number of factors, including: the extent of your injuries, the specifics of your accident, the insurance coverage of both parties, the evidence available, and much more. Talk to our Seaford lawyers to find out more about your case.
- How long will my case take? Again, this depends on the specifics of your unique case. Injury cases can be drawn out if there is a large sum of money involved, or if there is a lot of evidence or thorny legal issues to work through. Cases can also be delayed if you are still recovering from your injuries. Some cases may settle quickly without going to trial, but then you may also settle for a lesser amount. Every case is different.
- Will I have to go to trial? No, not every case automatically goes to trial. The majority of cases resolve before trial, with both parties agreeing on a settlement. Some cases, however, might have a better outcome if they go to trial. There are pros and cons to each scenario—you and your attorney can decide which would be more advantageous for your situation.
- Why do I need an attorney for workers’ compensation? Can’t I just file the papers myself? You can certainly file the papers on your own, but it’s in your best interest to have a lawyer on your side. Your employer and its insurance company will be represented by an experienced attorney, no matter how minor your accident, so you should too. You don’t know what sort of potential pitfalls may occur, or if your employer might deny you benefits. Your attorney also knows how and when to file all the paperwork properly and on deadline.
- How much will I have to pay? At Silverman, McDonald & Friedman, we work on a contingency basis. That means you don’t pay up front, and our fee comes from a percentage of what we recover for you from your case. If we don’t recover compensation for you, we don’t get paid. When you speak to us during your consultation, we can explain more.
The attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman fight for the rights of the people of Seaford, Delaware. We understand that when you or a loved one suffer injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be overwhelmed. Your first priority should be healing. We will stand by your side and hold the guilty parties responsible, advocating for your best interests, and working tirelessly on your behalf. Our law firm has 100 years of collective experience, and it shows in our honest, strong representation.
How can I schedule an appointment with a lawyer in your Seaford office?
If you’re visiting our office, we’re located along the Nanticoke River, at 300 High Street in Seaford (at the corner of North Cannon and High Streets). Our office has a parking lot for your convenience, as well as street parking.
Seaford is located in Sussex County, Delaware and is one of the Top Small Towns in America. Many of the town’s buildings are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The most accessible highway into Seaford is U.S. Route 13.
Help for the people and workers of Seaford
If you suffered injury in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, Silverman, McDonald & Friedman can help you seek compensation for your damages and hold the guilty parties responsible. Our goal is to make the legal process easier for our clients and help them move on from a painful chapter in their lives. We’re ready to hear your story. Please call 302-888-2900 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation in our Seaford office. We also have offices in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware.