Comprehensive Counsel from Trusted Newark, Delaware Personal Injury Lawyers
Protecting the rights of DE accident victims and survivors
It’s simply a fact of life that accidents happen. Maybe you miss a step and trip while coming downstairs to the living room, or slip and cut your finger while chopping veggies for dinner. These are usually injuries you can deal with. However, when an accident and injury are caused by someone else’s negligence, it can be traumatic and overwhelming.
After a serious accident, you may be unsure as how to proceed. Perhaps you may be second-guessing yourself and wondering who actually caused the accident, or if it’s really worth pursuing a case. Maybe you’re concerned about the cost of hiring a lawyer, or the toll of fighting an insurance company, or if you’ll even get enough compensation to cover your bills. Overall, you’re likely wondering—is a personal injury case really worth it?
The Newark, DE injury attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman understand your concerns. A personal injury case can certainly be time-consuming. However, our lawyers have decades of experience and bring that knowledge to the table when we take your case. We fight tenaciously and aggressively for you, and will follow your case through until you receive the fair amount of compensation you’re owed. Talk to us today.
How our Newark personal injury lawyers can help
Our attorneys are skilled in a wide range of injury cases, including:
- Car accidents. When you’re injured in an accident, whether with a car or motorcycle, as a driver or passenger, or in a taxi or Uber, we can help you deal with the insurance companies.
- Truck accidents. Truck accidents can be catastrophic, as well as more complex than auto accidents. Ensure you have an experienced attorney on your side who’s familiar with going up against corporate trucking companies.
- Motorcycle accidents. A collision between a car and a motorcycle is likely to go far worse for the rider. If you were hurt in a crash, or because of a defective motorcycle part, we can help.
- Spinal injuries. A spinal injury can range in severity from neck injuries to total paralysis. Injuries this serious can require lifelong medical attention. It’s crucial your case is handled properly to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation allowed.
- Traumatic brain injury. Brain injuries are often disabling, leaving the patient with symptoms for the rest of their life. A skilled attorney will enlist experts to calculate your current and future losses, so you and family are protected.
- Workers’ compensation. When you’re injured on the job, you’re entitled to certain benefits through workers’ comp insurance. We will ensure your paperwork is properly filed, and expertly navigate any issues that crop up during the process.
- Product liability claims. If you’re injured by a defective product, medication, or medical device, you may have a case against the manufacturer. A product manufacturer has a duty to ensure their products are safe for consumers.
- Wrongful death. The death of a loved one is always an unimaginable loss, but when that loss is preventable, it’s reprehensible. Our injury attorneys will work to hold the guilty parties responsible.
The personal injury claim process
After an accident, our clients come to us for help. The days and weeks following an accident is a confusing time and you may not sure where to start. If we have one piece of standard advice, it’s to start acting as soon as possible after the injury occurs. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Delaware is two years, so it’s important you talk to an attorney as soon as you can after you discover your injuries.
When you visit us for a free consultation, our Newark, DE personal injury lawyers will talk with you about your potential case to get some details and find out more about what happened. We’ll discuss your possible legal options and strategies and what might come next. If you decide to pursue a claim, we’ll jump into action, collecting medical records, police reports, and contacting the insurance company so you don’t have to.
Injury claims and compensation
In the event you decide to pursue a personal injury claim against another person, an insurance company, or another party, you should understand what types of compensation you’re eligible for. If your case is successful, you could receive monetary compensation for:
- Medical care. These are costs relating to health care for your accident, like medical care, and includes ongoing care like physical therapy.
- Loss of income. Some injuries can affect your current work status as well as your future income.
- Pain and suffering. Pain from your injuries right after the accident, as well as related chronic pain, can be temporarily or permanently disabling.
- Emotional distress. Many accident victims feel fear, anxiety, and trauma after the incident.
- Loss of property. You may receive compensation for damaged or lost property from the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment. A serious personal injury can impair your ability to do the things you once enjoyed, negatively altering your lifestyle.
- Funeral expenses. In the event of the wrongful death of a loved one, you may be eligible for compensation for funeral and burial expenses.
Additionally, depending on the details of your particular case, you may be given punitive damages. A jury may sometimes order these financial awards as a punishment to the party or parties responsible for your injury.
Talk to a reliable Newark, Delaware personal injury lawyer today
The personal injury attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman in Newark, Delaware advocate for those hurt due to another’s negligence. If your accident was someone else’s fault, we can help you seek compensation for your injuries, with a legal strategy tailored to your unique circumstances. We are your advocate from beginning to end. Please call 302-888-2900 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation in our Newark office. We also maintain offices in Wilmington and Seaford.