Honest and Experienced Newark, DE Injury Lawyers
Representation for accident victims and workers in Delaware
Being injured is difficult. You have to deal with physical and chronic pain, medical bills, lost wages, and emotional trauma from your accident. You shouldn’t have to deal with mounting paperwork and complex legal issues while you’re trying to heal. The Newark attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman have over 100 years of combined experience helping the people of Delaware seek compensation for their injuries.
Our legal team stands by your side, working tirelessly on your personal injury or workers’ compensation claim, and advocates for your best interests every step of the way.
Individualized personal injury representation
We offer a wide variety of personal injury services. Our lawyers understand that every case is unique, and we tailor our strategies to match your individual needs. When you’re injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, our Newark, DE attorneys will help you pick up the pieces and work on your behalf to get compensation for your injuries and damages. We take on all personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers have decades of experience working with personal injury clients and we put that knowledge to work for you. We go over your situation with you in detail, work out the best strategies for your case, and complete all the paperwork and filings so you don’t have to. You can take the time to heal from your injuries and put your mind at rest knowing that your legal team is working tirelessly on your behalf.
Workers’ compensation assistance in Delaware
Workers’ compensation laws are designed to protect employees when they’re injured on the job. Employers provide workers’ comp insurance, which offers partial wages and benefits to injured workers, and in exchange, employees don’t litigate after an accident.
This employer-employee pact may sound simple, but it’s to your great advantage to have an attorney on your side. Filing the correct papers and on time is a crucial part of the workers’ comp process, and many people find themselves fighting to get the full amount of benefits they’re owed. The lawyers at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman are well-versed in the workers’ compensation process and will ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Our attorneys will:
- Explain your legal rights regarding workers’ comp
- Review your medical records to get a full understanding of your injuries and condition
- Meet with your doctors and health care providers
- Represent you in court
- Assist in filling out paperwork properly and on time
Our lawyers will answer all your questions regarding your case and keep you continually updated and informed on its progress.
Frequently asked questions for our Newark, Delaware attorneys
If you’ve been injured in an accident and considering hiring an attorney, you may have many questions. Some of the more common questions and answers follow. If you’d like to talk to us further, don’t hesitate to contact our office.
- Can you tell me how much my case is worth? There is no cookie-cutter formula for personal injury cases. Everyone’s case is unique, and we consider your case on its own merits. Your lawyer will look at the details of your accident, the severity of your injuries, past and future medical bills, lost wages, and the degree of negligence of the other party. Nobody, not even the insurance company, can offer you an informed settlement amount for your case without a thorough investigation.
- How much does an injury case cost? The attorneys at Silverman, McDonald & Friedman work on a contingency fee basis with injury cases. This means that instead of billing our clients an hourly rate, we calculate our fee on a percentage of the settlement or jury award. There are no costs for you up front, and if you don’t collect, we don’t either. We can explain the contingency fee practice more upon consultation.
- Will my case have to go to trial? Not every injury case will go to a trial. In fact, in most instances, both parties will agree on a settlement before trial and the matter will be resolved. However, with some cases, going to trial is the more beneficial option. You and your lawyer can determine your most advantageous strategy.
- How long does an injury case take to resolve? To get the best settlement, you should expect a longer timeline on your case. Insurance companies tend to rush people to settle. If you do, your case will resolve more quickly, but likely at a lower amount than you’d get with an experienced attorney. We work to record all the details on your case, including your medical condition, to ensure you’re eligible for 100% of the compensation you’re owed. Every case is unique and has its own timetable.
- Do I really need a workers’ compensation lawyer? It’s true that you don’t need an attorney to file for workers’ comp benefits. However—especially with a serious injury where you expect to have lasting medical bills or physical disability—an attorney can help ensure you receive more than the minimum amount. Typically, your employer’s insurance company will attempt to settle your case for the lowest amount possible. A workers’ compensation lawyer will also assist you in filling out all the appropriate paperwork accurately and on time.
Working on contingency means our attorneys have even more of an incentive to bring your case to a successful conclusion. Our team in Newark is prepared to advise and guide you toward your best options to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. With decades of experience working on injury cases, we understand that you may be overwhelmed or confused with all the people in your ear offering advice about your treatment, your accident, and your legal decisions. We can help take the burden off you and your family and work on holding the guilty parties responsible—while you take the time to peacefully recover and heal. Talk to us for compassionate, effective representation.
Schedule an appointment with an attorney in our Newark office
Our office is located on Route 273 in Newark, Delaware. Our address is 182 Christiana Road, with a parking lot for your convenience.
Newark is about 15 miles southeast of Wilmington, with many historic buildings and neighborhoods. It’s accessible via I-95 and DE-273.
Representing the injured workers and people of Newark, Delaware
Injury claims can be complex, and the quality of your legal representation can affect the outcome of your case. Our attorneys have both the experience and the skill to protect your best interests. If you suffered injury in an accident that wasn’t your fault, we’ll help hold the negligent party responsible and seek compensation for your losses. If you were hurt on the job, we’ll assist you in filing for benefits and stand up for you if you’re denied any of the workers’ compensation you’re owed. Our entire legal team is invested in the success of your case. Please call Silverman, McDonald & Friedman at 302-888-2900 or fill out our contact form to set up a free consultation in our Newark office. We also maintain offices in Wilmington and Seaford.